[syslog-ng] Stats crash with syslog-ng 2.1b2 (was Re: Lots of dropped=tcp(AF_INET))

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Aug 27 06:30:49 CEST 2008

On 19 Aug 2008, Joe Shaw outgrape:

> Yes, set stats_freq(0) in the options section of your syslog-ng.conf file.

I have another reason to do that: syslog-ng dumps core rather than
dumping stats :/

Given this backtrace (not terribly useful :( looks like we have yet
another DWARF2 debugloc bug in GCC):

#0  evt_rec_add_tag (e=<value optimized out>, tag=<value optimized out>) at evtrec.c:48
48      evtrec.c: No such file or directory.
        in evtrec.c
(gdb) bt
#0  evt_rec_add_tag (e=<value optimized out>, tag=<value optimized out>) at evtrec.c:48
#1  0x08059a13 in stats_generate_log () at stats.c:229
#2  0x0804b8a8 in stats_timer (st=0x0) at main.c:131
#3  0x4ab05187 in g_timeout_dispatch (source=Could not find the frame base for "g_timeout_dispatch".
) at gmain.c:3446
#4  0x4ab04c5e in IA__g_main_context_dispatch (context=Could not find the frame base for "IA__g_main_context_dispatch".
) at gmain.c:2012
) at gmain.c:2645
#6  0x4ab07d7c in IA__g_main_context_iteration (context=<value optimized out>, may_block=Could not find the frame base for "IA__g_main_context_iteration".
) at gmain.c:2708
#7  0x0804b35b in main_loop_run (cfg=0xbfcc47c4) at main.c:159
#8  0x0804b851 in main (argc=1, argv=0x6) at main.c:428

I suspect that either the stats counter list has become broken in some
way (sc can't be NULL, but it can be invalid).

I'll dig deeper next weekend, perhaps.

--
`Not even vi uses vi key bindings for its command line.' --- PdS