[syslog-ng] FreeBSD dist syslog-ng.conf-sample dumps mail.info to maillog & messages

Len Conrad LConrad at Go2France.com
Tue Aug 26 06:01:00 CEST 2008

I can't see how this is happening.  I can stop the mail.info to
maillog, but I can't stop it to messages since I can't find
any  destination (messages) being fed by mail.info

I found this and commented it out, but no change:

#log { source(src); filter(f_mail); filter(f_crit); destination(messages); };

I'm looking for :

log { source(src); filter(f_mail); filter(f_info); destination(messages); };

or anything similar but can't find it.

It's weird that this is the vanilla syslog-ng.conf-sample with the
FreeBSD 6 package.

thanks,
Len