[syslog-ng] Charset problem

Kostyantyn Gushtin kgushtin at n-ix.com.ua
Fri Aug 15 16:19:02 CEST 2008

Hello,

there is an encoding problem if using syslog-ng with windows agent.

Logs from Linux hosts are written to file as UTF-8, while the logs from
windows agent are written to file as cp1252. The problem is visible if
you have a message with chars out of ASCII set, like Ö. As a result we
have a file that is both unreadable and useless for automation.

Is there any way to fix this? Or do you plan to fix this?

 >From my point of view syslog-ng should write file using one charset.
Preferably configurable.

--
Kostyantyn Gushtin