[syslog-ng] Syslog-Ng MySQL Performance Problem

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 29 10:59:03 CEST 2008

Hi,

   I've had a Syslog-NG Central Logserver -> MySQL setup for nearly 2
years now but am finding it has developed a performance problem with a
backed up pipe so I'm thinking of using batched inserts to try to
improve the db processing performance.

Before I go and code this myself, are there any good generic solutions,
somebody must have done this batched inserts before, I saw something on
the mailing list once I think but can't see it now...

Any other suggestions would also be welcome before I go off and do this.

Thanks

-h

--
Hari Sekhon