[syslog-ng] About Syslog-ng Macro

Yu Watanabe yu.watanabe at jp.fujitsu.com
Fri Apr 4 11:11:14 CEST 2008

TO : Mr.Fegan

Hello Joe,

I experimented the template function in the file driver as you suggested.
And again the message did not show properly.

I have modified the file driver as below:

destination host_splitter { file( "/tmp/$HOST.log" template(t_temp) owner(root) group(root) perm(0644) dir_perm(0755)
create_dirs(yes)); };

So my thought is that the template function is doing something wrong in it's
procedure.

Best Regards,
Yu Watanabe

Fegan, Joe さんは書きました:
>Hello Watanabe-san,
>
>Do you think this is this a difference between the "program" driver the "file" driver?
>Or a problem with the $MSG macro in general?
>
>If you use template t_temp to write to a file, do Japanese characters appear correctly in that file?
>
>Joe.

 FUJITSU SOCIAL SCIENCE LABORATORY LIMITED(FUJITSU SSL)

 System Infrastructure Development Department
 Telecom Systems Business Group 2

  Yu Watanabe

    E-Mail : yu.watanabe at jp.fujitsu.com
    Phone  :  044-739-1427 +5283  / 7166-5283