[syslog-ng] whether udp source driver can set the max_connections() option?

Nate Campi nate at campin.net
Thu Sep 20 16:18:49 CEST 2007

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 04:00:02PM +0800, liuruihong wrote:
> My syslog-ng 2.0.5
>
> This is a source define in my configuration:
>
> source src { udp(ip(0.0.0.0) port(514) max_connections(100)); };
>
> when running syslog-ng ,there is a error :
>
> syntax error

UDP is connectionless - so I'm sure that syslog-ng can't and won't put a
max number of connections on it. Remove max_connections(100).
--
Nate

"If builders built buildings they way computer programmers write
programs, the first woodpecker that came along would have destroyed all
civilization." - Weinberg's Law