[syslog-ng] Messages not going to logs

David H. Lynch Jr. dhlii at comcast.net
Tue Sep 18 02:03:58 CEST 2007

    I am running syslog-ng under OpenBSD 4.1.
    I am using it as a debugging tool for driver/application development.
    I have used it similarly for Linux driver application development
without problem.

    Normal system logging is working correctly
    But syslog messages sent from inside applications are only going to
the console.

     I have tried different permutations of openlog

      openlog("pico", LOG_PERROR, LOG_LOCAL0);
      syslog("(%s, %d)", path, readonly);

    results in a message on the console but

    grep -rl pico /var/log returns nothing.

    Any ideass how to debug/trace/chase this down would be greatly
appreciated.