[syslog-ng] Log Rotation

Mirwan erwan.miran at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 20:02:46 CEST 2007

For Mysql, you can have better performance using the ARCHIVE engine (data
are compressed but delete queries aren't available and select queries take
much more time than Myisam..) combined the partionning feature (based on the
day of year's parity or something...) in 5.1 version.
You won't need to lock any table, just drop the partition and recreate it.

It doesn't change anything about password security issues ;-)

Regards

Erwan