[syslog-ng] Log Rotation

John Hala john.hala at villanova.edu
Thu Sep 6 14:48:18 CEST 2007

I apologize, I should have been clearer.
I just want to delete the old logs, and want to know how others are doing it.

Should I simply create a shell script for the local logs and schedule it in cron?  Something similar to
find /logs -type f -mtime +30 -exec rm {} \;

However, I'm not sure how to remove old mysql data.  I've read issues about locking the database and then removing the data.

Thanks,
John