[syslog-ng] Compiling on HP/UX 11.11

C Wells s2audi at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 03:40:59 CEST 2007

Is there any difference between trying to compile
syslog-ng on HP/UX 11.11 and beating your head against
the wall until it bleeds ?

I've loaded glib, flex, and many other things it
complains about. Even after loading flex, flex can't
find what it needs, even after I link the lib it is
looking for. So I rename flex so it won't use it, then
it chokes on glib, not high enough version. No glib on
the Univ of Utah site, so I try to compile and then
get lost down that trail of tears. Amazing, who has
done it ? May I kiss your feet. Will you accept
tithing ?

Seriously how can you get this to work on hp/ux (open
source version).

Thanks