[syslog-ng] glibc 2.0.6

Raffaele raffaele at unipr.it
Fri Oct 19 10:02:34 CEST 2007

Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 18:41 +0200, Raffaele Cicchese wrote:
>> Alexander Clouter wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu> [20071018 17:53:47 +0200]:
>> as
>> and

>>> Good point, however a possible workaround is:
>>>
>>> http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/FAQ.html#s-2.22
>>>
>>> Hopefully that will work for you if syslog-ng will not compile (for
>> whatever
>>> reason) against a really old glibc.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Alex
>> Hi guys,
>> what is wrong?
>>

> [...]
>
>> checking for GLIB... configure: error: Cannot find GLib library version
>>> = 2.2: is pkg-config in path?
>
> Perhaps you want to check on your version of GLib?
>
> Maybe:
>
> # rpm -qa | grep glib

Hi,
in the previous message I quoted:

web1:~/syslog-ng/syslog-ng-2.0.5+20071018 # rpm -qi glibc | grep Version
Version     : 2.3.2

Anyway:

web1:~/syslog-ng/syslog-ng-2.0.5+20071018 # rpm -qa | grep glib
glib-1.2.10-482
glibc-locale-2.3.2-87
glibc-2.3.2-88
glibc-info-2.3.2-87
glibc-devel-2.3.2-87
glib2-2.2.3-21

It seems to me that glibc is the right version, but the file
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/glib-2.0.pc (or similar) is missing and the configure
try to look for that file. Am I right? Is there any workaround to that?

Thanks
Raffaele