[syslog-ng] Run syslog-NG as a non root user!

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 18:12:51 CEST 2007

Actualy there are command line options to set the running user and group
( -u user -g group)using those options it will open the port then drop
privledges. What you need to look out for is warnings about FD's (file
descriptors) if you see an error message about a FD followed by a number
find the pid number and look in /proc/$pid/fd do an ls -l and you will
see what looks like symlinks check the permissions on the target of the
link which is corisponds to the number once you get past the file
permission issues it should work fine without changing port numbers.