[syslog-ng] Evaluation for no. of sessions handled by Syslog-ng!

Jim Hendrick jrhendri at maine.rr.com
Wed Oct 3 13:45:18 CEST 2007

Really need more details.

How many events per second do you expect?

What is the network topology between them and the server?

What kind of server? Any other load on it?

If network is not an issue, and the server is reasonably current (e.g. 1-2
CPU, 2+GB RAM, recent Linux not running a lot else, etc.) The 100 servers
should be OK (unless they are heavily logging debug traffic from
applications, etc.) but the network devices are the big wildcard. 100
routers logging moderately should be fine. 100 FWs or IDSs may be more than
you want to send to a single server.

Again, w/o more details, this is just a guess.

Jim