[syslog-ng] About lost of messages after syslog-ng stop

Frank Abel Cancio Bello frankabel at tesla.cujae.edu.cu
Wed Nov 14 23:15:15 CET 2007

Thanks a lot!

I was using syslog-ng 2.0.0, the version that come with the last stable
ubuntu server box (Gusty).

I read
http://www.balabit.com/network-security/syslog-ng/opensource-logging-system/upgrades/changelogs/NEWS_syslog-ng_2.0.txt and in version 2.0.3 the “1024 byte limitation of internally generated messages” and “support for remembering the last posistion of file sources across restarts” issues are solved.

Now I will install the binary packages of the next ubuntu server box
(Hardy), that fortunately seem that can be installed in Gusty without
any other changes.

Thanks again!

Salute

Frank Abel