[syslog-ng] Logging loop

Bryan Henderson bryanh at giraffe-data.com
Thu May 31 02:01:28 CEST 2007

My syslog-ng got into an infinite loop when it didn't have permission
to write to a file destination.  It tried to log to that same
destination the fact that it failed to log.

Is there a recommended way to configure syslog-ng to avoid this?
Maybe I could route messages from Syslog itself to some relatively
reliable destination or just turn them off?

If not, what would be a good enhancement to the program to avoid loops?

I had the problem with syslog-ng 2.0.2.

--
Bryan Henderson                                   San Jose, California