[syslog-ng] logging from Cisco

Grigoreva, Yelena Yelena.Grigoreva at detecon.com
Wed May 23 18:18:52 CEST 2007

Hallo,

I have enabled Cisco logging to my host SUSE 10.2. From the Wireshark tool I can see that I become the syslog messages and then I try to find them somewhere in /var/log/.... but w/t success. ;(

Where are the syslog messages logged from external HW? I have set in my sysconf SYSLOGD_PARAMS="-rx -m 0" to enable external logging, but all the same-no effect.I have created local0, cisco files: I am not sure what file name should I give? where must it be specified?

I will be grateful for any tip :)

warm regards
Yelena