[syslog-ng] Filtering Howto's

Paul Krizak paul.krizak at amd.com
Wed May 2 17:00:28 CEST 2007

When I was working with splunk, I found it was easiest to use a FIFO.
Set up a log path in syslog-ng with an appropriate set of filter
statements, with the destination set to a FIFO.

Splunk has a method built-in to read from a FIFO, which I found to be
much tidier and more efficient than having splunk tail files.

Paul Krizak                         5900 E. Ben White Blvd. MS 625
Advanced Micro Devices              Austin, TX  78741
Linux/Unix Systems Engineering      Phone: (512) 602-8775
Silicon Design Division             Cell:  (512) 791-0686