[syslog-ng] problem in compiling "syslog-ng-2.0.2" on SunOS 5.9 sparc

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Mar 28 16:00:29 CEST 2007

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:45:05 +0900, Root Administrator said:
> > Questions are,,,
> > Q1. Is the package I have installed appropriate in order to compile
> > syslog-ng-2.0.2 ?
> > Q2. Are there any package dependencies associated with this package ?

I admit being unsure how the Solaris glib kit is packaged, but one thing
I'll add is that in the Linux world where glib came from, it is common
to have a package "foo" that provides the shared libraries/etc needed for
a precompiled program that uses the "foo" library to run, and "foo-devel"
which contains the foo-whatever.h and other stuff needed to *compile* a
program that uses "foo".  The fact that the .pc file points CFLAGS at
/usr/local/include, but nothing is installed there, tends to support the
theory that you're missing whatever the glib-devel package is.