[syslog-ng] Unix datagram

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Sat Mar 3 15:15:06 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 15:01 +0000, Bruno Vieira wrote:
> I'm using syslog-ng 1.6.11
>
> Neither of the following lines works:
>
> destination s_dgram { unix-dgram("/tmp/log.socket"); };
> destination d_unix_stream { unix-stream("/var/run/logs"); };
>

> For both, used separately, the error is:
> CONSOLE:
> sudo /etc/init.d/syslog-ng stop
> sudo /etc/init.d/syslog-ng start
> Starting system logging: syslog-ngSegmentation fault (core dumped)
> start failed.

It does not segfault on me. Can you send me the backtrace extracted from
the core file? It could give me a hint even if debug symbols are not
present, but the ideal would be to compile syslog-ng with debugging
symbols, then run gdb on the resulting core file and issuing a "bt"
command to see where it segfaults.

btw: you might want to try 2.0.x, the new stable branch, supporting two
releases in parallel distracts me from development efforts.