[syslog-ng] Unix datagram

Bruno Vieira giuliapo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 16:07:42 CET 2007

Hello fellows.

I will try to be brief with my question.
I am integrating a team that is developing a system where syslog will
receive messages and according to some match expressions will have to send
those messages to another process.

So, to do this, I have tried unix-dgram. I use Linux Ubuntu and what happens
is that when I reload or stop/start syslog I get CORE DUMPED. I have made
some research in the documents trying to find out the reason. What I
understood was that unix.dgram only works in BSD.

Is this the truth?

My solution so far is to use a named pipe instead of an unix datagram
socket.

Tell me your opinion please.

Regards,
Bruno.