[syslog-ng] Constant disconnects

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Thu Jun 28 04:21:59 CEST 2007

I added a line to the /etc/hosts.allow file on the syslog-ng server.

syslog-ng:.uvic.ca:ALLOW

where the .uvic.ca domain is the scope of the client syslog-ng machines. You setting will be different.

As a quick test, you could add the line

syslog-ng:ALL:ALLOW

If things start to work then you know this is the cause and you can lock down the connection
a little better.

You could also compile syslog-ng without tcp wrappers support, but that would have to be installed onto
the syslong-ng server.

Evan.