[syslog-ng] Assistance compiling 1.6.12

tim.brown at juno.com tim.brown at juno.com
Mon Jun 25 22:14:45 CEST 2007

Hello,
I apologize in advance for my lack of experience and knowledge in this
area but I keep encountering the following when I attempt to "make" the
1.6.12 distribution on Solaris 9:

Making install in src
Making install in .
gcc  -g -O2  -Wall -I/opt/syslog-ng-1.6.12/libol-0.3.18/src
-D_GNU_SOURCE   -o syslog-ng  main.o sources.o center.o  filters.o
destinations.o log.o  cfgfile.o cfg-grammar.o cfg-lex.o  affile.o
afsocket.o afunix.o  afinet.o afinter.o afuser.o  afstreams.o
afprogram.o afremctrl.o  nscache.o utils.o syslog-names.o  macros.o
getopt.o getopt1.o -lpthread -lrt -lnsl -lsocket -ldoor -lresolv
-Wl,-Bstatic /opt/syslog-ng-1.6.12/libol-0.3.18/src/.libs/libol.a
-lsocket -lnsl -lxnet -lfl  -lsocket -lnsl -lnet   -Wl,-Bdynamic
ld: fatal: library -lxnet: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to syslog-ng
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `syslog-ng'
Current working directory /opt/syslog-ng-1.6.12/src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-recursive'
Current working directory /opt/syslog-ng-1.6.12/src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-recursive'

I've scanned the net for references to "-lxnet" on Solaris and could
only determine that is a library routine particular to Linux.  I could
not find how to provide this on a Solaris platform.

Tim