[syslog-ng] syslog-ng as a relay

Alexander Clouter ac56 at soas.ac.uk
Tue Jun 19 11:48:20 CEST 2007

Hi,

Moxey, Joel, VF UK - Technology (TS) <Joel.Moxey at vodafone.com> [20070619 10:14:24 +0100]:

> Hi!
>
> I am trying to work out if syslog-ng can act as a relay without doing
> "noticeable" changes to the syslog message in terms of what the syslog
> server sees.

I would be more inclinded to probably consider using netcat[1].  You probably
could do something like (I might have this wrong though, its called a 'netcat
relay'):

$ mknod transferpipe p
$ nc -u <dest-ip> 514 < transferpipe | nc -u -l -p 514 > transferpipe

Cheers

Alex

[1] http://www.securitydocs.com/library/3376