[syslog-ng] undefined reference to `libnet_init'

Tapas Mallick fedora4all at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 13:03:28 CEST 2007

Hello,

It's working.I have executed Make and Make Install
without getting any error message. I have there after
copied
/tmp/syslog-ng-2.x.x/doc/example/syslog-ng.conf.sample
into /usr/local/etc/ as syslog-ng.conf and start the
program with /usr/local/sbin/syslog-ng.

Though ps and netstat shows the syslog-ng process and
the port it is listening on(UDP 514), I am not sure
about the exact procedure to do next.

It will be really helpful for newcomer like us, if the
detail and current documentation is given in the
package/website(Installation and getting started
documentation on the website is much older and
sometimes not applicable).

Thanks for the sharp response.

Thanks and Regards,
Tapas Mallick