[syslog-ng] Fail to write facility local0

Nate Campi nate at campin.net
Tue Jul 31 05:18:07 CEST 2007

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 12:49:20PM +0100, Geller, Sandor (IT) wrote:

> > I have this config file:

<snip>

> > When an event arrives at the system by facility local0 or local1, this
> > one is registered in the file never. Can be some bug of syslog-ng or
> > failure in config?
>
> If I understand you correctly then the problem is that you're using two
> filters which exclude each other however using more filters they are
> logically AND-ed. If you want to catch messages from local0 and local1
> use a filter like this:
>
> filter f_local01 {
> 	facility(local0) or facility(local1);
> };

What a perfect FAQ entry. I know I've documented this before but I'm
pretty sure it was internal documentation at a past job.

Now it's up for all to see:
 http://www.campin.net/syslog-ng/faq.html#filters

Oh, and I see that you answered afterwards Evan. Yours was good too. :)
--
Nate

You can lead an idiot to knowledge but you cannot make him think.
You can, however, rectally insert the information, printed on stone
tablets, using a sharpened poker.