[syslog-ng] compilation errors -- Syslog-ng-2.0.4

Raj Gurung rgurung at cait.org
Wed Jul 11 23:37:50 CEST 2007

i am trying to compile syslog-ng-2.0.4 in RHEL4 box. When i did ./configure, it provides me the following error:
checking for GLIB... Package glib-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `glib-2.0.pc'
No package 'glib-2.0' found
no
configure: error: Cannot find GLib library version >= 2.2: is pkg-config in path?

I have glib-1.2.10-11.1 version on my RHEL4 box. Is that the problem with the glib version or has anyone got this problem before ?

I could not figure out what might be the problem...suggestions/experiences are welcome..

Thank You,
gorkhe