[syslog-ng] Assistance compiling 1.6.12

tim.brown at juno.com tim.brown at juno.com
Tue Jul 3 15:49:54 CEST 2007

That would be ideal if I could locate a version of glib >= 2.2 for
Solaris 9 on sparc, based on the following:

checking for GLIB... Requested 'glib-2.0 >= 2.2' but version of GLib is
2.0.7
no
configure: error: Cannot find GLib library version >= 2.2: is
pkg-config in path?

Thanks

-- Carson Gaspar <carson at taltos.org> wrote:
Carson Gaspar wrote:
> Andrej Ricnik-Bay wrote:
>> On 6/26/07, tim.brown at juno.com <tim.brown at juno.com> wrote:
>
>>> I've scanned the net for references to "-lxnet" on Solaris and could
>>> only determine that is a library routine particular to Linux.  I could
>>> not find how to provide this on a Solaris platform.
>>
>> No, it's not.  It's part of SUNWcslx and I've never seen it on any
>> Linux machine :}
>
> Why is syslog-ng trying to link in the XTI library? Something is wrong,
> here...

Ah, libol's autoconf code adds in libxnet even though it isn't needed.
I'm not sure what the code is _trying_ to do, but it's doing it wrong.

On the plus side, I don't see references to xnet in the 2.0.4 syslog-ng,
nor in the 0.2.5 eventlog. So my advice is to skip the old code and use
the shiny new stuff.

--
Carson
syslog-ng maillist  -  syslog-ng at lists.balabit.hu