[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 2.0.2 released

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Mon Jan 29 11:42:04 CET 2007

Hi,

I have released syslog-ng 2.0.2, which is available at the usual places.
(http://www.balabit.com/products/syslog-ng/)

The NEWS entry for this release can be found below. One additional bug
was fixed which is not included in the NEWS entry, the usertty()
destination can crash in some circumstances. (I could squeze in this
fix, as I had a build failure in one of our build systems.)

2.0.2
        Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:45:59 +0100

        Bugfixes:
        * Fixed compilation problems in dnscache on non-Linux systems, such
          as Solaris and BSDs
        * Fixed an incompatibility between 1.6.x and 2.0.x when parsing
          user/group information from the configuration file.
        * Remove trailing \0 and \n characters from a message before
          processing, removes an unnecessary trailing space from messages.
        * Fixed handling utmp entries in the usertty() driver, which contain
          a full path to the tty.

        Features:
        * Readded missing tcp-keep-alive() option with a new name consistent
          with the rest of the socket options (so_keepalive).