[syslog-ng] syslog configuration

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 16 15:53:59 CET 2007

do the logs always specify the name of the program that is logging? If
so use 3 regex filters and 3 separate destinations, then use log
statements to filter each program name to each destination. See the
manual for how to do filters, destinations and logs if you are unsure of
the syntax.

eg.
programname1: the program has done something worth logging
programname2: this program is starting up

These can be filtered by the actual log content themselves by using
match("programname1:"); inside a filter{}; and then using the filter
inside a log{}; statement with a separate destination{}; for the log
statement so that only logs matching the filter are sent to that
destination.

If the program doesn't give it's own name in the log then what kind of
program is that!
eg "hello this is a log to tell you an error has occurred, but you will
have to get which program on the whole OS generated it."

-h

Hari Sekhon