[syslog-ng] Error: Insecure $ENV{PATH}

"Marcus Viní­cius S. Mendes" marcusvi at cptec.inpe.br
Mon Feb 26 18:37:26 CET 2007

Hello,
I'm using a OpenSuse Linux 10.2 with kernel 2.6.18.2-34-default.

I have a script in perl (hupsyslog) that need to get an environment
variable.
I'd gave permission of SUID to 'sperl' (that is a hard link to
'suidperl') as the system says.
So now, I get this error message:

Insecure $ENV{PATH} while running setuid at /usr/local/ldm/bin/hupsyslog
line 24.

The line 24 is as follows:

($os,$hostname,$version) = split(/ /,`uname -a`);

What can I do about this?
The system looks let the script not use environment variables.
Any hints?

Att.
Marcus Vinícius S. Mendes
Cachoeira Paulista / SP - Brazil (GMT-3)
National Institute for Space Research - INPE
Center for Weather Forecast and Climatic Analysis - CPTEC
(+55) (12) 3186-8676