[syslog-ng] afinet.c:: Compilation help needed on HP-UX 11i

Shamim shamim_99 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 16:50:30 CET 2007

Hi Everybody,

  My System H/w is HP-UX 11.11
   Model:              9000/785/B2000
OS mode:            64 bit
  I'm trying to compile syslog-ng-2.0.2.on HP-UX machine and it give beloe error.

  afinet.c: In function 'afinet_setup_socket':
afinet.c:157: error: storage size of 'mreq' isn't known
afinet.c:157: warning: unused variable 'mreq'
*** Error exit code 1
  Stop.
*** Error exit code 1
  Stop.
*** Error exit code 1
  Stop.
#

  However when I comment this function and it get compiled, but  it didn't send  message to central server.

  The out put of  includea header file is :
  # find /usr/include -name \*.h | xargs grep "struct ip_mreq"
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:struct ip_mreq {
#

  IF anybody has faced same problem , please share with me,
  Thanks in advance

  Shamimuddin
  CSC Noida