[syslog-ng] Setting permissions on log files

Bryan Henderson bryanh at giraffe-data.com
Mon Feb 19 02:45:45 CET 2007

With the 'file' destination, Syslog-ng modifies the ownership and
permissions of the file when it opens it.  There are configuration
file options to choose what it sets them to, but AFAICT, no way to
have Syslog-ng just leave the files as it finds them.

I prefer to maintain permissions and ownership separately; I set them
when I create the file and expect them to stick.  Could there be a
configuration file option for that?

--
Bryan Henderson                                   San Jose, California