[syslog-ng] 2.0.2 dropped stats not include file destinations

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Sun Feb 11 06:38:23 CET 2007

 From time to time we fill out disk space where we are writing log files. syslog-ng's statistics do not
include dropped items for file type statistics.

I have not tested all destination types to verify if dropped statistics get generated for them, but I would expect
stats for all destinations.

This may make the stats record very large, so you could add an option zero_drop_stats yes/no to remove those destinations
with zero drops.

Another approach is to log the stat for each dest/source/drop/process as a separate message, or have an option

individual_stat_messages yes/no

Evan.