[syslog-ng] unable to compile on AIX

Anant Athavale asa at isac.gov.in
Wed Dec 26 17:01:30 CET 2007

Dear List:

I am unable to compile syslog-ng on AIX 5.3.

I am using the following command to configure.

configure EVTLOG_LIBS=-L/usr/local/lib
EVTLOG_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include/eventlog --enable-static-linking
--prefix=/usr/local/syslog-ng

When I run make, I get the following error:

Sorry for another post.  I am giving the complete error here.

Making all in src
         gcc  -g -O2 -Wall  -L/usr/local/lib -o syslog-ng  main.o
libsyslog-ng.a -static -lnsl -lrt  -lfl -L/opt/freeware/lib -lglib-2.0
-lintl -liconv   -L/usr/local/lib
ld: 0711-340 SEVERE ERROR Symbol yyout in object libsyslog-ng.a[cfg-lex.o]
         A csect with multiple labels cannot be moved into the TOC.
ld: 0711-340 SEVERE ERROR Symbol yyin in object libsyslog-ng.a[cfg-lex.o]
         A csect with multiple labels cannot be moved into the TOC.
ld: 0711-340 SEVERE ERROR Symbol yyin in object libsyslog-ng.a[cfg-lex.o]
         A csect with multiple labels cannot be moved into the TOC.
ld: 0711-340 SEVERE ERROR Symbol yyout in object libsyslog-ng.a[cfg-lex.o]
         A csect with multiple labels cannot be moved into the TOC.
ld: 0711-340 SEVERE ERROR Symbol yyout in object libsyslog-ng.a[cfg-lex.o]
         A csect with multiple labels cannot be moved into the TOC.
ld: 0711-340 SEVERE ERROR Symbol yyout in object libsyslog-ng.a[cfg-lex.o]
         A csect with multiple labels cannot be moved into the TOC.
ld: 0711-340 SEVERE ERROR Symbol yylineno in object libsyslog-ng.a[cfg-lex.o]
[...]
collect2: ld returned 12 exit status

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.