[syslog-ng] More syslog-ng woes

Wed Aug 29 17:16:44 CEST 2007

I keep getting the below error and syslog-ng would not starts.

Error in configuration, unresolved destination reference; filter='loghost'

I have "log { source(loghost); };" in my log entries section, and I thought
this would define "loghost" variable?  Additionally, if I comment out the
below section, then syslog-ng would starts and no error.

log {
        source(src);
        filter(f_not_mail);
        filter(f_not_brightmail);
        destination(loghost);
};

Is the above filter important/needed for syslog-ng?  I'm thinking the
"f_not_brightmail" is something specific if you're using brightmail,
but then it would not address the "destination(loghost);" which reference
loghost variable.

I'm running syslog-ng 2.0.4 on Solaris 10 SPARC, and I'm referencing:
http://www.balabit.com/dl/html/syslog-ng-admin-guide_en.html/bk01-toc.html
...but not seeing anything referencing source(loghost); configuration.

I was able to comprehend that syslog-ng.conf breaks into four parts, by
referencing http://linux.cudeso.be/linuxdoc/syslog-ng.php but I'm still
learning the syntax from the admin's guide above.

Thanks.