[syslog-ng] File reopen

Szeti, Balazs szeti.balazs at hp.com
Mon Aug 27 12:26:49 CEST 2007

Hi!

Syslog-ng reopens destination files, if I send a SIGHUP to the process,
which is a common way of handling logrotates in Linux. If I don't write
in to a file (idle), syslog-ng will close the file according to
time_reap() value. If the file was deleted from the directory, will it
create the file next time it logs to the deleted destination file?

I've found, that it doesn't, can I config it somehow? (My log files are
read by different users, and sometimes they delete it, so it should be
recreated again.)
Is it a soultion, if I send a SIGHUP to syslog-ng every minute?

I was looking for a solution in the archive, but I haven't found a clear
answer.

Thanks,
Balazs Szeti