[syslog-ng] cisco tcp syslog weirdness/merkwuerdigkeit

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Wed Aug 22 21:40:39 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 15:27 -0400, Blurry wrote:
> I am not sure what to expect from tcp dump, but I don't see much that
> matches between the log file and the tcp dump file expect hostnames
> and timestamps.

try this on the syslog-ng host:

# tcpdump -s0 -w /tmp/syslog-ng.dump dst port 514

then attach the dump file in an email.

--
Matt Zagrabelny - mzagrabe at d.umn.edu - (218) 726 8844
University of Minnesota Duluth

He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot
lose.
-Jim Elliot