[syslog-ng] GLib version problem?

Burns Andrew aburns at snyderdrug.com
Wed Aug 15 15:02:38 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to install syslog-NG onto a Cent OS 5 server, and running
into a problem. The problem appears to be more of a RedHat/Cent problem
(or even Glib problem) rather than Syslog-NG problem, but I thought I'd
check with the community before I harass Red Hat. I have the RPM verion
of glib2.12 installed, however the libraries seemed to be labled 2.0.0.
When I configure syslog-ng, I run across the following error:
    checking for GLIB... no
    configure: error: Cannot find GLib library version >= 2.2: is
pkg-config in path?
    [root at syslog syslog-ng-2.0.5]#

I have the rpm installed:
    [root at syslog syslog-ng-2.0.5]# yum list installed glib2
    Installed Packages
    glib2.i386                               2.12.3-2.fc6
installed
    [root at syslog syslog-ng-2.0.5]#

However the libraries seem to be mislabeled:
    [root at syslog syslog-ng-2.0.5]# locate glib | grep "/lib/libg"
    /lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
    /lib/libglib-2.0.so.0.1200.3
    [root at syslog syslog-ng-2.0.5]#

Am I just missing something simple, or is this a problem I should be
trying to speak to Cent/Red Hat about?

Thanks!

Andrew