[syslog-ng] how rewrite the HOST macro?

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Aug 12 00:50:48 CEST 2007

There are two places syslog-ng gets host names from -- firstly there is
a macro (FROM_HOST ??) which is the name of the machine that syslog-ng
received the record from and then there is the HOST macro with contains
the the name that was in the hostname field of the syslog record.

So, as I see it there are two possible ways to map all the different
names to one.

Firstly you could relay the syslog records through another machine so
they all get the same hostname or
secondly you may be able to tweak syslog on the source machine to write
the records with a the name server0 in them.

I know this isn't exactly what you asked but I don't think there is any
way of directly fiddling with the hostname, I'm sure Balasz will correct
me if I'm wrong.