[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng" daemon killing the "setroubleshoot" daemonon RHEL5_X86_64

Shamim shamim_99 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 15:38:03 CEST 2007

Hi,

  I found some work around for this issue.

  in the "/etc/selinux/config" if you make " SELINUX=permissive " instead of " SELINUX=enforcing "
  OR
  disable SELinux with the help of "system-config-securitylevel"

  It work on after that.

  Regards
  Shamim , CSC Noida

Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu> wrote:
  On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 07:49 +0100, Shamim wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply, However I'm using the "syslog-ng.conf" as
> below;
> options { sync (0);
> time_reopen (10);
> log_fifo_size (1000);
> long_hostnames (off);
> use_dns (no);
> use_fqdn (no);
> create_dirs (yes);
> keep_hostname (yes);
> };
>
> source s_sys { file ("/proc/kmsg" log_prefix("kernel: ")); unix-stream
> ("/dev/log"); internal(); };
> #Everything going to one location
> destination d_syslognglog { file("/var/adm/messages-ng"); };
> log { source(s_sys); destination(d_syslognglog); };
>
> Note:And I've tried with unix-dgram , but stuck up with the same
> problem. I'll very thankful for any help.

setroubleshoot gets a "Permission denied" error for some reason.
Probably SELinux related. I'd appreciate if someone could hunt this one
down, as this is the second report of the same problem.