[syslog-ng] Emailing log events

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 04:13:53 CEST 2007

Yes while this it true and I'm very well familiar with sec due to my
active involvment with prelude ids and while I agree it is a very
powerfulll tool it does requier perl development effort to have a
working implementation which means its not right for people not familiar
with perl programing . In addition to my knowlege it was written as a
prototype for a correlator engine for prelude ids, and has served its
purpose and as such is no longer being activly developed in favor of the
correlator which will be released soon. Syslog-mailer is tool which was
designed to be simple to implement. Right now all I have to do is the
documentation and I will post a release. I'm not saying its the right
tool for every one is just easier to implement.