[syslog-ng] problem with syslog-ng hanging on saturday afterworking all week

Steven Meacham smeacham at charter.net
Mon Sep 18 20:45:58 CEST 2006

Sever is running Fedora core 5 with no patches. Syslog version 2.0 rc 1
+8092006. There are no cron jobs or any other scheduled software. Just
syslog-ng and ssh, iptables. I am starting to think it is sometype of packet
that is getting sent to the server from a windows server. This server is
logging for an IIS webserver (actually about 12 servers). Seems to happen in
the morning...but can not pinpoint a time. Server hardware Is a dual
processor 3.06 intel and 1024mb ram on 73.gb scsi drivers and dual nic
cards.