[syslog-ng] Messages concatenated on one line in log file.

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Sat Sep 2 01:28:45 CEST 2006

Is syslong-ng running on the host that produced these messages.
I have a number of hosts running standard syslog, that send thier
messages to a sylog-ng server, a standard syslog server, and log to
local files (don't ask why we do all three :-)

The source server that is running standard syslog software seems to
generate the concatenated messages because the end up in the local
files, in the standard syslog server, and in the syslong-ng server.

As soon as I replace the standard syslog software on the source server
with syslog-ng (I am running 1.6 series) this problem goes away.

Evan.