[syslog-ng] syslog.err

Anshul Saxena anshulacxiom at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 17:03:42 CEST 2006

Hi,
I am trying to send syslog-ng error messages over stunnel

My client side's stunnel.conf file is :

client = yes
cert = /etc/stunnel/syslog-ng-client.pem
CAfile = /etc/stunnel/syslog-ng-server.pem
verify = 3
#verify = 1
[5140]
        accept = 127.0.0.1:514
        connect = 10.105.1.25:5140

My server side's stunnel.conf file is  :
chroot = /chroot/stunnel
setuid = stunnel
setgid = stunnel
pid = /stunnel.pid
debug = mail.notice
client = no
#cert = /etc/stunnel/stunnel.pem
cert = /etc/stunnel/syslog-ng-server.pem
CAfile = /etc/stunnel/syslog-ng-client.pem

#verify = 1
verify = 3
service = syslog-ng

#Service-level configuration
[syslog-ng]
accept = 5140
connect = 127.0.0.1:514

But at runtime , I am getting the following error message at client :

 <syslog.err> syslog-ng[32460]: I/O error occurred while writing; fd='7',
error='Broken pipe (32)'

I don't understand what the number 32460 means here. If it is the port
number running syslog-ng then why is it not 514 as marked in the accept
parameter of the client ?

Kindly let me know where to look for the bug

Regards