[syslog-ng] AIX startup

Nathan Campi nate at campin.net
Wed Oct 25 17:50:22 CEST 2006

I run syslog-ng under daemontools on a couple loghosts where I don't
want it down for more than a second.

I already have cfengine install daemontools on all my systems anyways,
so it is trivial for me to automate that part as well. The only problem
is that daemontools comes up after all the rc scripts, which leaves you
without logging during all of startup.

Workable solution is to still have an rc script that starts syslog and
have the daemontools run script kill off any already running syslog-ng
daemons when it comes up later. Might be overkill to supervise it in the
first place - judgement call I suppose.

--
Nate Campi