[syslog-ng] lazy logger++

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Sat Oct 21 21:26:38 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 17:19 +0100, Alexander Clouter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Time to reply to my own email....
>
> Alexander Clouter <ac56 at soas.ac.uk> [20061019 10:25:38 +0100]:
> >
> > [snipped]
> >
> > What I am planning on doing is having something like the following in my
> > syslog-ng.conf file which is fantastic as to add logging groups I just add
> > extra udp() lines to s_multicastGeneric and nothing else is needed.  At the
> > moment I would need separate source/destination/log entries per multicast
> > group address, which is upsetting and results in a hideous configuration
> > file.

It took me a while to understand what you want to accomplish, and to be
honest the only reason I understood it is that you attached a patch. :)

The reason I did not understand your original post was that I can't
remember all defined macro names in syslog-ng and $DESTIP in your
configuration snipped simply did not jump out at first. :)

In fact the patch is not that horrible :) and the idea is sane. It is
also useful when someone has a listener bound to '0.0.0.0' and logs are
to be put on a receiving-interface specific file.

Thanks for your contribution, I'll see to adding a DESTIP support, once
I have dealt with the current blockers for 2.0.0.