[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng and filter question ...

Sébastien CRAMATTE s.cramatte at wanadoo.fr
Mon Oct 9 20:22:42 CEST 2006

Hello list,

I've just setup a centralized  syslog-ng server with mysql
Remote clients  work well but I'v got a little problem with a filter ...

On each client  I've got snmp daemon running
and nagios network manager server polling clients ...

My problem is that each time my  nagios NMS connect it to a client it
appears this line  in daemon.info client log

"Oct 10 03:15:48 vlanrouter1 snmpd[1868]: Connection from 192.168.0.12 "

I would  like to  filter  this line to exclude  it from the remote log ...
So I 've added this filter

filter f_not_daemon_info { (not facility(daemon) and not level(info)); };

but not works and all "daemon"  and all "info" levels  are removed  not
just   "daemon.info"
I've search to remove this log from snmp daemon directly but seems to be
a bug on my snmpd release ...

I hope that someone have got the solution
Regards

Sebastien