[syslog-ng] Re: question regarding program name logs

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Sun Oct 8 13:30:31 CEST 2006

Hi there,

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 Balazs Scheidler wrote:

> > I would really like to release 2.0.0. But if your findings indeed
> > turn out to be a bug in syslog-ng that'd prevent me from doing so.
> > So helping me to track this down in a timely manner would be
> > appreciated. Thanks.
>
> An important question relating this: Does anyone else experience the
> same problem?

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm still using 2.0.rc1 with your patch of
04 Sep 2006 12:18:46 but I'm only using local logging.  Most of my log
messages are from sendmail and a number of sendmail milters, and it's
quite common for them to produce a few thousand log messages per second
although messages at that rate would be written direct to a file - just
a small subset of them is piped to a script for storage in our database.

I haven't noticed any problem with missing messages.  If this were a
problem for us I'd have expected someone here to have noticed by now,
although we haven't looked for the issue specifically.

--

73,
Ged.