[syslog-ng] Question regarding filters

Ian Meyer ianmmeyer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 22:49:48 CEST 2006

I don't want to assume anything about how the program deals with
messages, so my question is how do messages that match or do not match
a filter cascade down?

For instance if I have a filter: filter f_test { program('test'); };
 and a destination that specific filter, under what conditions would
it NOT make it to said destination?

What's going on is I log output from a program, but it's making it's
way into /var/log/messages, when it should be going to it's own
definition /var/log/services/app/app.log.

Does the order of log { } make a difference? filters? destinations? I
looked around the faq and the reference manual and didn't find
anything explaining the process flow.

Thanks in advance!
Ian