[syslog-ng] unix_stream socket

patrick hartemann pat.hartemann at bluewin.ch
Thu Nov 30 06:02:50 CET 2006

Balazs Scheidler wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 10:41 +0000, pat.hartemann at bluewin.ch wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'm configuring syslog-ng 2.0 on a RHEL ES 4 U4 system. One of the
>> destination is an unix stream socket.
>> After the first log writen on this socket, I get the error message
>> :
>>
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Nov 27 11:32:30 ch-syslog-1 syslog-ng[10153]: I/O error occurred
>> while writing; fd='8', error='Connection refused (111)'
>> Nov 27 11:32:30 ch-syslog-1 syslog-ng[10153]: Connection broken;
>> time_reopen='10'
>>

> please check syslog-ng using strace, and see where it gets the
> connection refused error.
>
> might happen that the perl script uses SOCK_DGRAM while syslog-ng uses
> SOCK_STREAM ?

in fact this comes from socket type. I've tried with tcp, and gotten the
same issue.
 However with a udp or datagram unix socket that's working fine. Looks
like syslog-ng doesn't like connection oriented type ....
Once more, it doesn't work in anyway with  syslog-ng 2.00 but works fine
with 1.6.9 (on same RHEL system)